In May 2017, Move Together built a sustainable rehab clinic in Villa Nueva, Guatemala. In the clinic’s first six months of operations, they had nearly 5,000 treatment sessions!
2018 Clinic Development Program Schedule
- January: Villa Nueva, Guatemala
- May: San Pedro Sacatepequez, Guatemala
- August: Combo Trip of Villa Nueva and San Pedro Sacatepequez, Guatemala
- If you’re interested in joining us for a Clinic Development trip, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cultural Immersion and Service Experiences
Move Together operates approximately 2-4 service trips per year through the Clinic Development Program. Each trip is split into four parts.
- Cultural Immersion: As a group, we participate in activities such as sports games, coffee farm tours, and meetings with local leadership to better understand the individuals and communities we are serving.
- Constructional / Educational: Depending on the nature of the trip, we work hand in hand with local PTs, students, and community members to either build a brand new clinic or enhance an existing clinic through education and resources.
- Clinical: The primary component of each trip is actual treatment time, where clinicians and students work with local PTs to deliver treatment to local community members, learning from each other and sustainability influencing treatment through education and modifications to patients’ plans of care.
- Casual: Each experience wraps up with the opportunity to see the beauty and history of the communities we visit.